Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Falltacular Dinner Tasting Notes - post here

+2
Melissa McCall
Todd F r e n c h
6 posters

Go down

Pre-Falltacular Dinner Tasting Notes - post here Empty Pre-Falltacular Dinner Tasting Notes - post here

Post  Todd F r e n c h Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:39 pm

I was totally sloshed - just enough sloshed, actually, so that I could do my traditional burnout from the parking lot...

Others will have to plug in specifics, and Cris took notes on just about everything, but I'll go from memory.

I recall an '05 Williams Selyem Chardonnay - Allen Vineyard - still too much oak for me, and malolactic, but others found it very interesting, and it was actually the only Chardonnay at the tasting.

Robo's (Rob Winn) '03 Alban Reva was a HUGE wine, and there was an '03 Copain Hawk's Butte, I believe it was, which was also a big wine - tasting them together was definitely clash of the titans. Both excellent, but not my style.

My WOTN is either the '68 Swan Vineyards 'Light Wine' Cabernet Sauvignon or the '01 Costanti Brunello di Montalcino - both were absolutely kickin'. The Swan still had life in it, grippy tannins, nice acid (not as much as the '68 Swan Zinfandel, but I preferred the Cab), and a long finish. The Costanti was from a mag, and was open quite a while, and it was really singing at the end of the evening - fantastic fruit, great mouthfeel.

There were about 100 more wines than this - I'll let Cris get specific.
Todd F r e n c h
Todd F r e n c h
Admin

https://wineberserkers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pre-Falltacular Dinner Tasting Notes - post here Empty Re: Pre-Falltacular Dinner Tasting Notes - post here

Post  Melissa McCall Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:42 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:

There were about 100 more wines than this - I'll let Cris get specific.

That's you, Whetstone. Get specific! flower
Melissa McCall
Melissa McCall
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Pre-Falltacular Dinner Tasting Notes - post here Empty Re: Pre-Falltacular Dinner Tasting Notes - post here

Post  C. Fu Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:54 am

03 alban reva truly is a monster. A monster is that good smooth california way.
C. Fu
C. Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Baehr Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:17 pm

There was a really awesome Port from Paso at the end. Very Happy
Linda Baehr
Linda Baehr

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd F r e n c h Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Linda Baehr wrote:There was a really awesome Port from Paso at the end. Very Happy
Cris couldn't stop raving.
Todd F r e n c h
Todd F r e n c h
Admin

https://wineberserkers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:47 pm

C. Fu wrote:03 alban reva truly is a monster. A monster is that good smooth california way.

A future legend. I have been fortunate enough to have this three times in the past 18 months and lucky me...I have six bottles remaining. It might one day nudge the SQN Poker Fave over as my favorite Syrah based wine I have ever had.

As a side note, we had an '05 Reva on Saturday down in Houston...incredible bottle as well.
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Cris Whetstone Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:39 pm

I started in on notes for this last night but was....getting.....verrrrry sleeeeeeepy. Will finish up tonight.

2003 Alban Reva is terrific wine of it's own style.

Peachy Canyon Port......ummmmm.....well you know Linda, you could have left it closed and taken it back. I think it was poured barely below the shoulder since you opened when there were like 6 people left. Very Happy
Cris Whetstone
Cris Whetstone
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down