Spaghetti with Sicilian Eggplant sauce and Sangiovese

Go down

Spaghetti with Sicilian Eggplant sauce and Sangiovese Empty Spaghetti with Sicilian Eggplant sauce and Sangiovese

Post  Dick Krueger on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 am

Tonight's dinner was Japanese eggplant - peeled, sliced, & quartered and sautéed with onion & garlic in a mixture of Lemon-infused olive oil & Tuscan EVOO. Then I added half a jar of Rao's Sicilian Eggplant sauce and served over Rustichella di Abruzzi spaghetti. This was enjoyed with a surprisingly youthful 1996 Vino Noceto Amador County Sangiovese - fill a half inch below the capsule; bright clear ruby garnet in color; rich nose and flavors of earthy, spicy cherries; balanced mid-palate with sufficient acidity for the sauce; and a medium long earthy fruit finish. A nice meal, while watching the sunset creep up the mountains to the east and the salmon-colored sunset through the piñons to the west.

This was filling enough that we didn't have any dessert.
Dick Krueger
Dick Krueger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spaghetti with Sicilian Eggplant sauce and Sangiovese Empty Re: Spaghetti with Sicilian Eggplant sauce and Sangiovese

Post  Todd F r e n c h on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:42 am

Beautiful meal, all the way around!

I had a salad, with chicken breast, and some manchego cheese...and leftover Chenin Blanc/Viognier...

Admin

View user profile http://wineberserkers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Spaghetti with Sicilian Eggplant sauce and Sangiovese Empty Re: Spaghetti with Sicilian Eggplant sauce and Sangiovese

Post  Michael Bowden on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:50 am

Dick.....can we get you a camera?
Michael Bowden
Michael Bowden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zachary L A N G on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:54 am

Dick, you sure know how to eat!!!! I love these posts!

MaoDerator

View user profile http://www.lawdoctors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Krueger on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:15 am

Michael-

I have a digital camera and a cell phone camera. I just need to take the time to set up a place to upload pictures.
Dick Krueger
Dick Krueger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down