Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honolulu Resto Rec?

2 posters

Go down

Honolulu Resto Rec? Empty Honolulu Resto Rec?

Post  Dan Teng Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:56 am

Going to Oahu...woohoo! next week.
Getting the F out of Dodge and leaving this stinkin wintery stuff for y'all snowmobeelers...
Gimme mai-tai's, suntan lotion and thongs (foot or butt, either way)...

Anyway, I have heard mixed things about various places, i.e. well known restaurants.
Alan Wongs, Mavro, 3660, etc...but I have only one, maybe two nights to dine out nice...
So...
Who's got the skinny??

What a Face

Dan Teng

Back to top Go down

Honolulu Resto Rec? Empty Re: Honolulu Resto Rec?

Post  Melissa McCall Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:37 am

Alan Wong's got very high recommendations from everyone I asked, and his Pineapple Room is supposed to be very good too. We were only there for six days, and since the main attractions (North Shore, Diamond Head, and Pearl Harbor) all required time in the car, I wanted to bum around by the beach for meals. We had a good dinner at Hula Grill at the Outrigger and a fun (translation: the ambiance was better than the food) dinner (complete with karaoke and grill-your-own-meat) at Shore Bird, which was at the other Outrigger property. My foodie indulgences were more down-home-- papaya with lime by the beach for breakfast, sucking on sugar cane and fresh coconut near the Dole plantation, big sloppy tacos at the North Shore, and shave ice as often as I could get it!
Melissa McCall
Melissa McCall
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum