Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TN: Altos de Luzon Jumilla 2005

3 posters

Go down

TN: Altos de Luzon Jumilla 2005 Empty TN: Altos de Luzon Jumilla 2005

Post  Mark.Ricca Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:18 am

Color: Dark ruby, bright and clear to the rim.

Nose: Sweet black fruits and violet flowers, a wee bit of alcohol, a very little bit of mineral aroma like broken stones.

Palate: Really rich black fruit, blackberries, more mineral......like slate in the mouthfeel, acid is good (med +) but the fruit is a whopper. Tannins are assertive and medium grained and the finish is medium long (15 seconds) and kind of leaves some licorice flavor in your mouth.

Overall impression: No multi layers of complexity here as the fruit is [u]so [u]dominant. Just a great big glass of intense black fruit, that does evolve with airation and really pleases for the $$$.

Retail $15.00
Mark.Ricca
Mark.Ricca

Back to top Go down

TN: Altos de Luzon Jumilla 2005 Empty Re: TN: Altos de Luzon Jumilla 2005

Post  Zachary L A N G Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:33 pm

This wine is a great value. It's one of those wines that I use as an example when people say there are no good cheap wines out there. There are a lot of wines that i enjoy more, but for the $, I agree Mark, this is a very good wine
Zachary L A N G
Zachary L A N G
MaoDerator

http://www.lawdoctors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich K0rzenk0 Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:23 pm

I love this wine as an everyday drinker, just got a few cases not too long ago. I find that after sitting for a bit that it develops some bitter chocolate notes. Great QPR all around.
Rich K0rzenk0
Rich K0rzenk0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down