Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best trip you ever took?

+5
Rick Smith
Joe Dulworth
Terence T-Bone Livingston
Bill Tex Landreth
Zachary L A N G
9 posters

Go down

What is the best trip you ever took? Empty What is the best trip you ever took?

Post  Zachary L A N G Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:17 pm

So, like it says, of all of your trips, what was your favorite?

Mine hands down would be Tanzania - seeing the people, animals, everything was just the complete experience. I don't know that I can ever beat that one. Sure there will be the "trip I got engaged on", the trip to "x" with the kids. But for the sheer majesty, this is the one to beat
Zachary L A N G
Zachary L A N G
MaoDerator

http://www.lawdoctors.com

Back to top Go down

What is the best trip you ever took? Empty Re: What is the best trip you ever took?

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:39 pm

The time I went to Tijuana with T-Bone....
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

What is the best trip you ever took? Empty Re: What is the best trip you ever took?

Post  Zachary L A N G Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Man, if I didn't know you were kidding, I'd be pissed for not getting an invite to that one! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Zachary L A N G
Zachary L A N G
MaoDerator

http://www.lawdoctors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terence T-Bone Livingston Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:The time I went to Tijuana with T-Bone....

I would never go to Tijuana. Tejas, perhaps...but never Tijuana. Bad experience there in '86.
Fro-terator
Fro-terator

http://www.fiddleheadcellars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terence T-Bone Livingston Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 pm

One of my best trips was a wine buying trip to Germany with Rudi Weist. 11 days, tasted over 500 reislings, saw amazing countryside, grew a new liver, and lived to tell about it. We did 240 KM / Hour on the Autobahn, hit up small pubs and talked to SS guys drowning their sorrows. Totally changed the way I look at wine, having bone dry reislings with Rabbit, Venison, etc...

Had dinner at Manfred Prums house, Gunderloch's house, Emrich Schonleiber's, Robert Weil, ate at the castle in Heidelberg and drank German Pinot! Simply incredible.
Fro-terator
Fro-terator

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Dulworth Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Mine was a two week trip I took with my wife through Bavaria and most of Austria. What made it special? The only reservation we made were the flights and the rental car. That's it. We had zero plans. Went where we wanted to go whenever we felt like it. It was the most relaxing and pleasurable trip we've ever taken.
Joe Dulworth
Joe Dulworth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Smith Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 pm

I've done very few 'long' trips, but have had my fair share of short stays at very nice hotels Smile
Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Terence T-Bone Livingston Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Rick Smith wrote:I've done very few 'long' trips, but have had my fair share of short stays at very nice hotels Smile

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

What is the best trip you ever took? Holiday_Inn
Fro-terator
Fro-terator

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bowden Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 pm

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:The time I went to Tijuana with T-Bone....

What is the best trip you ever took? PINGPONG
Michael Bowden
Michael Bowden

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Saxon Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:46 pm

I went to Jamaica with my girlfriend for a week. I met a local chick, broke up with my girlfriend and spent 5 months with this girl. All we did was screw, smoke dope, drink rum and hang out. What a trip.
Steve Saxon
Steve Saxon

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa McCall Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:06 am

My first trip to Amsterdam in '07. I traveled there from Brussels two days ahead of Steve, who had business in the UK. Even though some guy followed me and tried to rob me, going to a foreign country on my own for the very first time was thrilling, and it transformed my view on travel from an occasional indulgence to an absolute obsession.
Melissa McCall
Melissa McCall
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  K V a s t o l a Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:54 am

Any one of several trips to Italy, though Istanbul and Jerusalem were very special too.
K V a s t o l a
K V a s t o l a

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Smith Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:16 am

Terence T-Bone Livingston wrote:
Rick Smith wrote:I've done very few 'long' trips, but have had my fair share of short stays at very nice hotels Smile

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

What is the best trip you ever took? Holiday_Inn
What is the best trip you ever took? MONTAGE__Laguna_Beach_Logo

What is the best trip you ever took? Ritz_carlton
One of these was much nicer than the other.
Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum