Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windy Oaks wine group option change

+4
Brandon Miller
Bill Tex Landreth
Philip Ro b ert
Joe Hauck
8 posters

Go down

Windy Oaks wine group option change Empty Windy Oaks wine group option change

Post  Joe Hauck Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Anyone else get this e-mail.
Joe Hauck
Joe Hauck

Back to top Go down

Windy Oaks wine group option change Empty Re: Windy Oaks wine group option change

Post  Philip Ro b ert Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeah I got it...
I had enjoyed their style at first, but the last several bottle have been really ho hum, probably im just drinking them way too young...Diane Block amd Wild yeast IIRC

Was probably going to opt out
Philip Ro b ert
Philip Ro b ert

Back to top Go down

Windy Oaks wine group option change Empty Re: Windy Oaks wine group option change

Post  Joe Hauck Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:40 pm

I think I had seen you post about them not being your style, different strokes I guess. They do need some time for the amount of oak they see.
Joe Hauck
Joe Hauck

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip Ro b ert Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Funny thing is...I liked them at first...there was something about them that I havent been able to figure out, whether its the oak or whole clusters?? Bill and I had one a couple weeks ago, Proprietors Reserve, and it just was so disjointed compred to everything else we drank
Philip Ro b ert
Philip Ro b ert

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 pm

It was just basically a meh pinot at this point.
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Miller Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Cmon guys....all that hype and now people are backing down. PLEASE don't do this to me. :-)
Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

http://www.colemannicole.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip Ro b ert Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Im just going to let them sleep for a couple years and revisit them at that point...I think they are probably just way too young with the oak treatment...the Shultze's are cool people and i want to support them, but it's becoming time to fish or cut bait
Philip Ro b ert
Philip Ro b ert

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle S C H affer Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:38 pm

I got the email too but didn't quite understand it. I may be slow, as I re-read it twice and didn't get it.

I'm on the 6 wines twice a year plan- 2 reserve, 4 cuvee each time. Not sure which I'd get if I switch.

I do usually order all of the other (wood, wild, diane's) and if they are saying that I will get those automatically as part of my 12, count me in! Buying a case a year is a lot for me, plus all those extras. And, Zachie keeps pressuring me to get some of that $95 burgundian clone.

Kyle S C H affer

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hauck Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:11 am

Kyle S C H affer wrote:I got the email too but didn't quite understand it. I may be slow, as I re-read it twice and didn't get it.

I'm on the 6 wines twice a year plan- 2 reserve, 4 cuvee each time. Not sure which I'd get if I switch.

I do usually order all of the other (wood, wild, diane's) and if they are saying that I will get those automatically as part of my 12, count me in! Buying a case a year is a lot for me, plus all those extras. And, Zachie keeps pressuring me to get some of that $95 burgundian clone.

I didn't get it either, I'm on the same plan and would love to switch a few of the cuvee's for wild yeast.
Joe Hauck
Joe Hauck

Back to top Go down

Post  Zachary L A N G Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:51 pm

The burgundian clone was great! Kyle, you better stay on the list and order me one of those!
Zachary L A N G
Zachary L A N G
MaoDerator

http://www.lawdoctors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennis A Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

I opened an '06 Cuvee the other night, and even six months has helped. I think these need time.
Stu Fishler from ebob is sending me some '02s so I can finally get a sense of how these age.
I did, however, pass on the latest club order. Gotta watch every penny lately...
Dennis A
Dennis A

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerry Morrisey Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:44 am

Zachary L A N G wrote:The burgundian clone was great! Kyle, you better stay on the list and order me one of those!

Yeh, and I know why you like it so much! I tried it with you the same night and it had me scrambling the next day to get on the list.

In all seriousness, it has a very unique profile that I also found very nice, the bottle was kinda cool also.
Gerry Morrisey
Gerry Morrisey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down