Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem

+3
John Tomasso
J. Pfohl
LeahAmir
7 posters

Go down

TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem Empty TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem

Post  LeahAmir Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:51 am

I was invited by a very generous friend of mine to this amazing dinner of wines that were bought on release and stored in cellar ever since. She wanted to open some and here we go...

I got a bit tipsy as the night went on so my notes aren't that extensive...

1990 Dom- Smooth, pale yellow in color, complex layers, long long finish and definitely showing its age. This is a champagne!!!

1990 Dom Oenotheque- Very smooth too but was not as good as the regular Dom cuvee. Bubbles were a bit short

1990 Krug- My first Krug ever and boy now I get it. Golden amber color. Mellow notes honey, hazelnuts and candied fruit just engulfed my mouth with an explosive finish that lasted 45+ seconds. This is mind blowing Champagne wow! I just wonder what this wine tasted like when young??

1990 Clinet- I loved this, what a wine! One of the best Bordeaux's I've ever had I kept going back to this over and over. This wine is open for business.

1990 Leoville Las Cases- This wine is big with unreal complexity and finish, needs another 5+ years

1990 Angelus- Great wine but no match to the Leoville/Clinet.

1990- Margaux- One of the softest more feminine wines I have ever had from Bordeaux. Elegant and sexy is the best way to describe it but needs more time. But boy it was delicious.

1990- Latour- Drinking this right after Margaux, muscle is what came to mind very powerful wine that is young and needs 10+ years. Very tasty!!!

1990- Beausejour- Duffau- This is a massive wine that is profound and complete in every way. Excellent juice but needs another 10+ years its just too big of a wine. Perfect wine...

1990 D'yquem- Wasn't crazy about this at all, nose had a fuel smell like nose that turned me away.

1989 Rieussec- This is Sauternes! Excellent golden color, an amzing nose of brioche, apricots and hazelnuts. A wonderful finish, I loved this

The next day the only wines that I talked about were the Krug, Clinet, Margaux and Beausejour

cheers
LeahAmir
LeahAmir

Back to top Go down

TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem Empty 89 Rieussec

Post  J. Pfohl Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:58 am

Just had it tonight and agree, wonderful juice.
cheers
J. Pfohl
J. Pfohl

http://www.globalplatinumgroup.com

Back to top Go down

TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem Empty Re: TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem

Post  John Tomasso Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:55 pm

What a wonderful lineup of wines. Lucky you, and thanks for the notes.
John Tomasso
John Tomasso

Back to top Go down

TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem Empty Re: TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem

Post  Steve Saxon Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Wow Leah what a lineup! Thanks for the notes, I've been lucky to have tried most of those bordeauxs and have the same opinion as you.....that 90 vintage is amazing. I'm sure you'll remember those wines for a long time.
Steve Saxon
Steve Saxon

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul L i n Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:55 pm

perfect timing. i have a '90 krug in my docket and was wondering how it's showing.

Paul L i n

Back to top Go down

TN:1990"s Krug, Dom, Margaux, Latour, Clinet,, Beausejour-Duffau, Angelus, Clinet, D'Yquem Empty good notes

Post  Jeff Tomas Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:16 pm

1990 Krug- My first Krug ... now I get it. Golden amber color. Mellow notes honey, hazelnuts and candied fruit just engulfed my mouth with an explosive finish that lasted 45+ seconds. This is mind blowing Champagne wow! ...
Yep, that's Krug. There is no substitute! Thanks for the notes. That's a special line up of wine!
Jeff Tomas
Jeff Tomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd F r e n c h Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:52 am

Yo, folks - over HERE!!

http://www.wineberserkers.com

Come on over!
Todd F r e n c h
Todd F r e n c h
Admin

https://wineberserkers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down