Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TN: 2007 Pacific Rim Riesling Dauenhauer Vineyard (Oregon)

4 posters

Go down

TN: 2007 Pacific Rim Riesling Dauenhauer Vineyard (Oregon) Empty TN: 2007 Pacific Rim Riesling Dauenhauer Vineyard (Oregon)

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:37 am

Picked this up on the recommendation of the riesling expert down in Houston at Specs. Clocking in at a whopping 8.6% ETOH and 3.9% Resdiual Sugar, it is in the Auslese camp. Fairly sweet. Very intense peach flavors and good minerality. A steal at under $20 a bottle.
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

TN: 2007 Pacific Rim Riesling Dauenhauer Vineyard (Oregon) Empty Re: TN: 2007 Pacific Rim Riesling Dauenhauer Vineyard (Oregon)

Post  Michael Bowden Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:45 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:Picked this up on the recommendation of the riesling expert down in Houston at Specs. Clocking in at a whopping 8.6% ETOH and 3.9% Resdiual Sugar, it is in the Auslese camp. Fairly sweet. Very intense peach flavors and good minerality. A steal at under $20 a bottle.

Sounds great....especially with the Chinese that I'm gonna be eating on Thursday night. What else would you pair with this?
Michael Bowden
Michael Bowden

Back to top Go down

TN: 2007 Pacific Rim Riesling Dauenhauer Vineyard (Oregon) Empty Re: TN: 2007 Pacific Rim Riesling Dauenhauer Vineyard (Oregon)

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:54 am

I think anything spicy as a no-brainer. I also think it would work well with a funky blue veined cheese.
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa McCall Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:57 am

How's the acidity, Tex? The thing about good Germans is that even at 8% abv and auslese ripeness, they're so zippy that they complement food really well. Most of the new world Riesling I've had that's that sweet is strictly for dessert in my book.
Melissa McCall
Melissa McCall
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:00 am

Melissa McCall wrote:How's the acidity, Tex? The thing about good Germans is that even at 8% abv and auslese ripeness, they're so zippy that they complement food really well. Most of the new world Riesling I've had that's that sweet is strictly for dessert in my book.

As a serious noob on the riesling front, I really like this. Not cloying at all as it has some real good zip on the finish. Just enough that you get a nice tang on your tongue.
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter M Czyryca Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:Picked this up on the recommendation of the riesling expert down in Houston at Specs. Clocking in at a whopping 8.6% ETOH and 3.9% Resdiual Sugar, it is in the Auslese camp. Fairly sweet. Very intense peach flavors and good minerality. A steal at under $20 a bottle.

Who knew you drank low octane!

Sounds great - I need to drink more Riesling.
Peter M Czyryca
Peter M Czyryca

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter M Czyryca Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote: Just enough that you get a nice tang on your tongue.

Hehe.

You said tang.
Peter M Czyryca
Peter M Czyryca

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bowden Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:24 am

Peter M Czyryca wrote:

His liver has been bad and he's punishing it with low alcohol.
Michael Bowden
Michael Bowden

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter M Czyryca Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:27 am

Michael Bowden wrote:
Peter M Czyryca wrote:

Bowden, I'm coming back as you in my next life.

There.

I said it.

flower
Peter M Czyryca
Peter M Czyryca

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bowden Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:28 am

Peter M Czyryca wrote:
Michael Bowden wrote:
Peter M Czyryca wrote:

Bowden, I'm coming back as you in my next life.

There.

I said it.

flower

Its pretty good...I cant complain.
Michael Bowden
Michael Bowden

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter M Czyryca Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:30 am

Don't want to continue "berserking" this thread - but it's a contest between the flower and the afro for the best emoticons on this site.
Peter M Czyryca
Peter M Czyryca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down