Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sineann 2007 Schindler Pinot

4 posters

Go down

Sineann 2007 Schindler Pinot Empty Sineann 2007 Schindler Pinot

Post  C. Bowman Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 am

I just had the opportunity to try the Sineann '07 Schindler with my rep along with several others but this was a standout. Mouthfilling Blackberry, mocha, spice and toasty oak. It had been opened since earlier today . I haven't been all that impressed with many of the '07 Oregon Pinots that I've tried but this was really good.

C. Bowman

Back to top Go down

Sineann 2007 Schindler Pinot Empty Re: Sineann 2007 Schindler Pinot

Post  Michael Bowden Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 am

C. Bowman wrote:I just had the opportunity to try the Sineann '07 Schindler with my rep along with several others but this was a standout. Mouthfilling Blackberry, mocha, spice and toasty oak. It had been opened since earlier today . I haven't been all that impressed with many of the '07 Oregon Pinots that I've tried but this was really good.

Having dinner with Peter R. next month....sounds good on the 2007's, perhaps, ill get to taste some. Thanks for the note.
Michael Bowden
Michael Bowden

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Wood Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:03 am

C. Bowman wrote:I just had the opportunity to try the Sineann '07 Schindler with my rep along with several others but this was a standout. Mouthfilling Blackberry, mocha, spice and toasty oak. It had been opened since earlier today . I haven't been all that impressed with many of the '07 Oregon Pinots that I've tried but this was really good.
Great, CA oozemonster masquerading as Oregon pinot. Have you lost your mind?
Bob Wood
Bob Wood
Technical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loren Sonkin Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:12 pm

I know you have said that a few times (elsewhere) Bob. I don't get it. It is clearly Oregon to me just in a fruitier style than some. Matched up against the fruit monsters of Oregon, Sineann comes off as elegant. I have not had the 07 Schindler yet, but an 07 Maresh was anything but an ooze monster. Even the 06 Schindler would not qualify as an ooze monster from california IMO. I buy Sineann, St. Innocent and Thomas (and others) to get different takes on Oregon fruit. I will need to try a Schindler soon.

Disclaimer: I have been friends witht he owner of Sienann since we went to college together in the late 70's in that wine and food mecca known as West Lafayette, Indiana.
Loren Sonkin
Loren Sonkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Wood Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Loren Sonkin wrote:I know you have said that a few times (elsewhere) Bob. I don't get it. It is clearly Oregon to me just in a fruitier style than some. Matched up against the fruit monsters of Oregon, Sineann comes off as elegant. I have not had the 07 Schindler yet, but an 07 Maresh was anything but an ooze monster. Even the 06 Schindler would not qualify as an ooze monster from california IMO. I buy Sineann, St. Innocent and Thomas (and others) to get different takes on Oregon fruit. I will need to try a Schindler soon.

Disclaimer: I have been friends witht he owner of Sienann since we went to college together in the late 70's in that wine and food mecca known as West Lafayette, Indiana.
Loren, mostly I was giving Carrie, who can take it, a hard time.

That said, I haven't tasted one of Peter's pinot noirs in some time, but his style across the board is pretty aggressive in extraction, alcohol and oak and they're not for me. The zinfandel he makes for The Pines Vineyard is close to over the top and his own wine from the same fruit is, for me, practically undrinkable. Bear in mind that I don't like SQN, either, and I especially didn't like the one effort with Shea Vineyard fruit that I was able to taste.

Ben and Jerry make more than one flavor for a reason.
Bob Wood
Bob Wood
Technical Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down