Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2006 Agrícola Falset-Marça Montsant Etim Old Vines Grenache

3 posters

Go down

2006 Agrícola Falset-Marça Montsant Etim Old Vines Grenache Empty 2006 Agrícola Falset-Marça Montsant Etim Old Vines Grenache

Post  Zachary L A N G Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm

I've had this three times previously and never was it as good as last night. I decanted this bottle for about an hour and then drank over the next two. The color was a clear deep garnet. This showed hints of minerality, dark dark cherry and some plum. It had very masculine tannins, but with the time I let this breath, they weren't too bold. This wine has great aging potential, but with enough time in the decanter, don't be afraid to pop a few early. This is a screaming value at $11. (if I was one to assigned numbers, for me, I'd say this is 88-89 / 100). (If you care, jay Miller gave this 91 pts)
Zachary L A N G
Zachary L A N G
MaoDerator

http://www.lawdoctors.com

Back to top Go down

2006 Agrícola Falset-Marça Montsant Etim Old Vines Grenache Empty Re: 2006 Agrícola Falset-Marça Montsant Etim Old Vines Grenache

Post  Justin Wells Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Zachary L A N G wrote:I've had this three times previously and never was it as good as last night. I decanted this bottle for about an hour and then drank over the next two. The color was a clear deep garnet. This showed hints of minerality, dark dark cherry and some plum. It had very masculine tannins, but with the time I let this breath, they weren't too bold. This wine has great aging potential, but with enough time in the decanter, don't be afraid to pop a few early. This is a screaming value at $11. (if I was one to assigned numbers, for me, I'd say this is 88-89 / 100)

Thanks for the note. Although I don't know Zach, at $11 per I don't know if I could bring myself to open one now if they are only gonna get better down the road.
Justin Wells
Justin Wells

Back to top Go down

2006 Agrícola Falset-Marça Montsant Etim Old Vines Grenache Empty Re: 2006 Agrícola Falset-Marça Montsant Etim Old Vines Grenache

Post  Zachary L A N G Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:17 pm

haha... It's these big $$$$ wines that I have trouble testing, just hate to "waste" a bottle!
Zachary L A N G
Zachary L A N G
MaoDerator

http://www.lawdoctors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Wells Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Zachary L A N G wrote:haha... It's these big $$$$ wines that I have trouble testing, just hate to "waste" a bottle!

Very Happy
Justin Wells
Justin Wells

Back to top Go down

Post  Jorge Henriquez Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Zachary L A N G wrote:(If you care, jay Miller gave this 91 pts)

Isn't that like an 80 by a regularr critic? Laughing
Jorge Henriquez
Jorge Henriquez
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down