Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TN: 2006 Patricia Green Anden Pinot Noir

+2
Bob Wood
Philip Ro b ert
6 posters

Go down

TN: 2006 Patricia Green Anden Pinot Noir Empty TN: 2006 Patricia Green Anden Pinot Noir

Post  Philip Ro b ert Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:38 am

Haven't had one of these in a while so i thought I would revisit. Has really matured in the bottle, I remember these being very very primary. Dark dark...but killer scents...the smell wafting out of the decanter was killer.

Nice rasberry and blueberry, spices..loam profile..some spritz that went away after a while. Drinking well right now for a youngin..yum
Philip Ro b ert
Philip Ro b ert

Back to top Go down

TN: 2006 Patricia Green Anden Pinot Noir Empty Re: TN: 2006 Patricia Green Anden Pinot Noir

Post  Bob Wood Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:40 am

Too bad it's the last one. Anden and its "parent", Seven Springs, have been leased long-term to - if memory serves - a California winery.
Bob Wood
Bob Wood
Technical Admin

Back to top Go down

TN: 2006 Patricia Green Anden Pinot Noir Empty Re: TN: 2006 Patricia Green Anden Pinot Noir

Post  Philip Ro b ert Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:58 am

yes i remember that...such a bummer..i have a couple more left i believe
Philip Ro b ert
Philip Ro b ert

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bowden Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 am

Philip.....what other Oregon pinots do you like?
Michael Bowden
Michael Bowden

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip Ro b ert Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Michael,
I like St Innocents, Patty Green, Soter (Etude fame), Panther Creek, Bergstrom, Le Cadeau, Shea,

Penner Ash is ok as is Lemelson, Cristom, Dme Serene etc, there are tons that I havent explored like Beaux Freres, Belle Pente

I do want to try Todd Haminas new project Biggio/Hamina as I enjoyed what he did at Maysara
Philip Ro b ert
Philip Ro b ert

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Levine Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:33 pm

had the 2006 PG Balcombe earlier this week and here are some notes from another forum:

with 06 being so bright and fruity in OR i decided to road test a few new producers and i wanted to pop one from this case early so as to make some determinations about Patty Green's wines prior to the heralded 2008 vintage hitting the marketplace. i got 3 apiece from the Balcombe, Four Winds, Eason and Ana Vineyards and notes from her website lead me to kill the Balcombe early.

i had this over a 2-day period beginning inauguration evening when i came home after 10 hours in the OR. i wanted something to think about while digesting the day's events when work called. sadly i had just opened this bottle and determined the wine not to be corked when i found out i could in fact be returning to work to help my partner while i was technically off-duty from call.

so night #1 i had a glass and bottled the rest up in a 375 and handy tiny split. last night i spent time enjoying the wine and contemplating this bottle more deeply.

color is a lightish red, varietally correct, and the nose was superior: an incense of darker cherries with some fire or smoke and a hint of chemical plant. not a nose for those new to Pinot. in fact this isn't a wine i'd pour for anyone who told me "i had a Pinot once i really liked" as this isn't a crowd-pleaser like a RRV PN. fruit was there as were tannins and i suspect this will be very good 5-6 years from now. the whole industrial/chemical thing was the ringing part of the finish and i liked that quite a bit.

would definitely complement food like duck i think.
Glenn Levine
Glenn Levine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherri Shapiro Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Great to see you posting here, Glenn!
Sherri Shapiro
Sherri Shapiro

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Just ran into Patricia Green on the shelves here in Houston...first time ever seeing that. No vineyard designates, just the appellation wines.
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down