Wine Berserkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CDP decant question (2005 Cuvée du Vatican Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Sixtine)

+3
Bill Tex Landreth
Justin Wells
C. Fu
7 posters

Go down

CDP decant question (2005 Cuvée du Vatican Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Sixtine) Empty CDP decant question (2005 Cuvée du Vatican Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Sixtine)

Post  C. Fu Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Anyone have any suggestions on a decant time for this puppy? I was just thinking a double decant and just leaving the cork open for a few hours. I was suggested 3 hours by someone else.

Anyone have this recently?
C. Fu
C. Fu

Back to top Go down

CDP decant question (2005 Cuvée du Vatican Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Sixtine) Empty Re: CDP decant question (2005 Cuvée du Vatican Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Sixtine)

Post  Justin Wells Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Gently adouze it for 51 hours.
Justin Wells
Justin Wells

Back to top Go down

CDP decant question (2005 Cuvée du Vatican Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Sixtine) Empty Re: CDP decant question (2005 Cuvée du Vatican Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Sixtine)

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:51 pm

The only two CdP's from '05 that I have had so far were the Donjon and Vieux Telegraphe la Crau. Both were pop and pour, and both were ready from the start.
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Tex Landreth Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Justin Wells wrote:Gently adouze it for 51 hours.

Why not 52?
Bill Tex Landreth
Bill Tex Landreth
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd F r e n c h Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:

Why not 52?
53 is absolutely minimum - 54 is maximum
Todd F r e n c h
Todd F r e n c h
Admin

https://wineberserkers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Wells Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:

Why not 52?

You'd miss the magic.
Justin Wells
Justin Wells

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hauck Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:23 pm

I've had a couple 05's and both drank better on day 2. They were drinkable with a couple hours of air, but because its such a structured vintage they are a bit tight.
Joe Hauck
Joe Hauck

Back to top Go down

Post  C. Fu Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:08 pm

thanks for the replies. I might just stick to the double decant and see how it tastes
C. Fu
C. Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Jorge Henriquez Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:02 pm

C. Fu wrote:thanks for the replies. I might just stick to the double decant and see how it tastes

Let me know your thoughts Charlie. Picked up a bottle of the 05 Sixtine a few weeks ago for a pretty nice price ($35).
Jorge Henriquez
Jorge Henriquez
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  C. Fu Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 pm

i just pop and poured to taste, really thin on the mid palate and very very very tight.. but the fruit is as bright as the summer sunshine (hehe). A bit more new world than I expected. I might leave it in the decanter for a bit. I'll let you know
C. Fu
C. Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd F r e n c h Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:42 pm

C. Fu wrote:i just pop and poured to taste, really thin on the mid palate and very very very tight.. but the fruit is as bright as the summer sunshine (hehe). A bit more new world than I expected. I might leave it in the decanter for a bit. I'll let you know
This thread sucks. Now I want to open some CdP but have to go up to LA tonight, so no go...
Todd F r e n c h
Todd F r e n c h
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hauck Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:43 pm

You'll like better tomorrow.
Joe Hauck
Joe Hauck

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hauck Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
C. Fu wrote:i just pop and poured to taste, really thin on the mid palate and very very very tight.. but the fruit is as bright as the summer sunshine (hehe). A bit more new world than I expected. I might leave it in the decanter for a bit. I'll let you know
This thread sucks. Now I want to open some CdP but have to go up to LA tonight, so no go...

As a moderater if you think the thread sucks are you just going to delete it Evil or Very Mad
Joe Hauck
Joe Hauck

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd F r e n c h Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Joe Hauck wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:

As a moderater if you think the thread sucks are you just going to delete it Evil or Very Mad
I'm not a moderator, bish, I'm an ADMIN. I eat Moderators with my salsa.
Todd F r e n c h
Todd F r e n c h
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  C. Fu Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:

sorry, would i make you want to drink more wine if i said i was opening a split of D'yquem as well?
C. Fu
C. Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cris Whetstone Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:04 pm

C. Fu wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:

sorry, would i make you want to drink more wine if i said i was opening a split of D'yquem as well?
But I'm the one with the drinking problem.....right. Razz
Cris Whetstone
Cris Whetstone
MaoDerator

Back to top Go down

Post  C. Fu Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Cris Whetstone wrote:
C. Fu wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:

But I'm the one with the drinking problem.....right. Razz

whatever mr.i have 20 tasting groups that meet weekly. geek
C. Fu
C. Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down